SV Laurin in The Netherlands

SV Laurin in The Netherlands

Tuesday 28 November 2017

Days 162 to 166: 24th to 28th November. Settling in to Ragusa

Friday

Another morning of boatschool and then down to the "square" for a BBQ laid on by the marina for their winter guests. (Nice of them to wait until we got here). It was a lovely afternoon with fantastic free food and wine, and kids running wild while adults had time to chat.

After a brief rest back at the boat we went back down to the Marina bar for "Happy Hour" where some musicians were having their weekly open mic night. It was really a bit late for the kids before it got going but as AJ really likes his music we stayed with it and enjoyed some adult company while the kids scooted outside. Once the louder initial "act" were done, Ina (who had arranged Roger's lift to the airport) got up to sing with a small group of musicians and was a truly beautiful singer who had both kids captivated. A lovely end to a lovely day!



Saturday

Saturday was the first time we really had chance to start tidying up as up until now we had been otherwise occupied with boatschool and social engagements. The kids had a great time running wild while I then went to get some groceries. Having filled my trolley I then realised I had left our Caxton card back on the boat. No worries, I could still use my Metrobank card.... at least I would have been able to if there was any money in that account. After having the card refused I had to call Patrick to bail me out, could have been more embarrassing if there had been a queue! In the end I figured out the problem and managed to transfer some money around using (the joys of mobile banking) and escape the shop!

All in all a rather low key day.


Sunday

A little more restful day, with kids running between boats. We had AJ's friend Ben on board for tea, a swap for Esmé who ate with Annabelle on Titania.


Monday

Back to boatschool and a bit of backlash, kids not appreciating the increase in academic work, despite it being the same for all their friends. Then in the afternoon Lottie organised a kids Christmas craft afternoon and  most kids duly attended to make cards and decorations. It was lovely to see AJ enjoying making paint footprints, something he'd never do at school!






Tuesday

More boatschool but I wanted to get finished early so I could go up to the Market in the town. We haven't really explored properly yet but I was keen to replenish our fruit and Veggie stock. I got there just before they started packing up and got plenty of provisions before checking out the playground for the kids to come to another day.



In the meantime Patrick got loads of washing done, before we had a quick lunch and then took the kids down to the Marina Bar for Aladdin rehearsals while Patrick and I had a sneaky drink in the sunshine... there has to be some perks of this life!



No comments:

Post a Comment